Saturday, June 10, 2017

Chapter 43 - Help - Part 1 of 2

Rolled 5 - Found wallet with $500

When Reese finally left Kate's room and went to his bed, Leroy quietly slipped into bed next to her, being careful not to wake her. He wanted to be there if she woke up but hoped she slept. Thankfully she slept.

The next morning Leroy got up early and made coffee so he and Kate could discuss the events of the previous evening before everyone woke.

When the coffee was ready he changed clothes before quietly padded into the bedroom being careful not to wake the sleeping children. Kate was already awake, probably having smelled the coffee. She smiled when she saw him and his heart broke. My brave and sexy Kate. Then she mouthed ‘coffee’ raising her eyebrows? He nodded his head and he bent over and kissed her then turned around and went back to the kitchen to wait for her.

Kaitlin walked in, grabbed a cup and sat down with Leroy, “Thanks for making coffee. You are an angel sent from Heaven,” she said smiling warmly.

“Ha. Coffee Angel from Heaven,” he said with a laugh, “My love, I shall serve you coffee every morning from now on if it makes you this happy.”

“Ohhh - My love? And promises of daily coffee?” she asked laughing, “You sound like Ben and Dakota now. Have they been giving you bribery lessons? Spill, what do you want?”

Leroy tried to smile but the playful mood quickly dissipated with Kate's last question. For you to get help, thought Leroy, to get all of this madness behind us and take you as my wife. But first and foremost was getting his sexy Kate in a better place. Instead of answering he asked his own question, “How are you feeling this morning?”

Kaitlin let out a breath and took a drink of her coffee before answering. “Like I have a huge hangover. I take it you told Reese that his mother's ready for the loony bin. He held on to me like he might never see me again.”

“He didn't tell you?" asked Leroy.

"No," she said simply.

"We spoke. I think he understands what's going on. I'm not gonna lie Kate, he took it hard. He just wants you to be okay.”


Kaitlin averted her eyes before responding. “Yeah...he did sort of fall apart. I haven't seen him cry since he was a small boy,” she put her hand over her face and appeared to compose herself before continuing. “It was all I could do to hold it together for him. He needed to let go. He has been holding a lot inside for a long time trying to be strong for me - for all of us. That's why I didn't want him to know. But after my performance last night I suppose the proverbial cat's outta the bag.”

When she looked up at Leroy tears were swimming in her eyes. He felt like he had been kicked in the stomach. “Thanks for telling him. It had to be hard," she said fighting her tears.

Leroy thought Reese went in to comfort his mother and instead she comforted him? What the hell? “Wait, Reese cried on your shoulder? Damn. Kate, sweetheart, we really need to talk about what happened. He said he wanted to be there for you. I would never had allowed him to go in there had I known he couldn't hold it together. You shouldn't have had to comfort him!”

Kaitlin studied her coffee again before answering. She swiped at the tears and finally looked at Leroy. “Don't be upset with Reese. He did comfort me. We drew strength from each other. It's the first time he has allowed himself to acknowledge the pain of all that he - we - have been going through. I think we both just finally mourned what we lost and what it cost us. We simply comforted each other. It felt good to hold him like that. He will always be my baby even if he had to grow up way too fast. Leaving home, then the babies and now me....it was too much. Please, don't judge him Leroy. Was that what you wanted or was there something else?”

Now that he had a child of his own, he could understand better the love she has for her children. How she tried to protect her oldest from the deeper issues surrounding them. But that didn't change the fact that she needed help. Leroy let out a breath before responding, “You need to see a doctor Kate. Last night was -”

Kate put up her hand stopping Leroy from continuing. “Awful -I know. Okay. You don't have to say more. I will. I will have to dig into to my savings to pay for it, but I can't do this anymore. What if Ben or Dakota....I am terrified. It happens so often now and I don't know why or how to stop it.”

Leroy was relieved and felt a weight lift off his shoulders. "Honey, I am going to deposit $1,000 in your account - an early birthday present from me to help with the cost. It's totally selfish. The faster you can buy a home the faster you can divorce Newt."

"No Leroy! That's too much!" she protested.

Damn proud woman! though Leroy. "Then let's start with $500 okay. See how it goes," he negotiated.

Kaitlin sighed. "Okay. $500 then," she said defeated.

He jumped up and scooped her into his arms hugging and kissing her and talking all at the same time. “Come here baby. I love you so much. And you, please, let me worry about the money part of this. It's for both of us - hell - all of us. And no arguments. You are too stubborn for your own good. I will find a good therapist - unless you already know one but I don't want you to worry about it.”

 “Ewww! Mooom, I'm hungry,” came a sleepy voice from behind them and Kaitlin started to giggle. It was quickly joined by a softer, “Me too. Can we have French Toast Mommy K” “Yes! French Toast!” said the first voice.

Leroy looked behind him to see Ben and his shadow, Dakota, standing there waiting for an answer and his smile grew bigger. Things were going to be okay. His sexy Kate was going to get help and they would make it work. He let go of Kate and grabbed Dakota and hugged her tight before he tossed her in the air as she squealed, "Daddy Roy!" and began to giggle wildly to which Leroy responded, "Good morning little bug!"

"Leroy!" said Kaitlin, "Shhh! Be quiet and put her down! The babies!"

But Leroy didn't care if he woke the whole apartment complex. Kate was going to get help and she was going to let him pay. Things were going to be okay.


Go to Chapter 43 - Part 2 of 2

Go back to Chapter 42 - Part 3 of 3


16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes....I think Leroy is happier about it than Kaitlin for sure.

      Delete
  2. i don't trust this. it all feels like the eye of a hurricane. speaking personally, i always pull the rug out from beneath my readers in my stories, and i may be paranoid but i have the lurking suspicion that we are far too alike. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that was a so nice! I'm feeling that things might get a little tense in the beginning, but, sometimes, this fights can help people grow..Just like it made Kaitilin and Reese grow a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate's certainly been experiencing a lot of growing pains!

      Delete
  4. I really hope the doctor helps... Although if he/she ends up being a villainous character I may scream in frustration.

    SparkleSims0986

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would I do that?!! Lol. You will meet the doctor in the next chapter! :)

      Delete
  5. "Things were going to be okay" -- FAMOUS LAST WORDS omg

    I'm really glad she's going to be seeing a doctor! Fingers crossed that things will get better for her (before it all inevitably goes bad again... :P)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol...Cross your fingers! Yes, how many times have we heard that!

      Delete
  6. I'd swing the nearest child around in joy too if I could. Kaitlin going to a therapist will be so good for everyone. Knowing what's going on with Newt as well makes me happy. Everyone get to therapy, fix yourselves, heal your family rifts, and move on! Tall order, amiright? *snorts*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A crazy tall order...so much going on! Haha!

      Delete
  7. About freakin' time! Finally, Kate, finally!

    ReplyDelete