Sunday, July 30, 2017

Chapter 47 - He's Baaack - Part 3 of 3

“Tell me about Reid,” said Kaitlin.

In that same instant, doorbell rang and Dr. Shea looked relieved. She held her hands up to stop the conversation. “That’s probably Leroy. Excuse me,” she said as she hurriedly left the kitchen to answer the door.

Crap! thought Kaitliln, What am I going to do? I am NOT going anywhere with him. Reese! Of course. As soon as Dr. Shea left the room to answer the door, Kaitlin texted Reese.




While she was sending the text to Reese, Kaitlin could hear Leroy and Dr. Shea talking in whispers.

She recognized Leroy's voice even though it was low, but she couldn't understand what they were saying.

Waves of jealousy washed over her as she listened to their intimate conversation. She knew it was ridiculous and as she was attempting to push those thoughts out of her heart and her head, his deep voice startled her.

“Kate? Are you okay?” asked Leroy hesitantly and when she jumped he said, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you."

Kaitlin turned around looked up at him. He looked miserable. She didn't care. “No, I am not okay. No thanks to you or her, wherever she is,” snapped Kaitlin motioning towards the other room.
“Shea wanted to give us some privacy, so she went to her study to return some phone calls,” he said sounding tired.

Kaitlin just looked at him and said nothing.

Leroy finally broke the silence. “Listen, I'm sorry. I should have tried harder to keep you away from the courthouse.”

That set Kaitlin off. “NO! Wrong answer! You should have TOLD me!!!” she yelled, “You don't get to keep secrets from me!!! Especially about Newt! I trusted you - and her! You both colluded to violate that trust!! How dare you.”

Leroy looked shocked at her outburst and took a minute before responding while Kaitlin continued to glare at him. “In all fairness, it wasn't Shea, she begged me to tell you. I asked her not to," he said sheepishly.

Are you kidding me? she thought. “Why are you protecting her? What about me, what about us?” and then the tears came - again.
As if he realized how pointless his comment was, he screwed up his face and started to beg. “Oh baby, please. I'm truly sorry. If Newt had been there for the morning session, I would have told you, but when he wasn't there I thought he was gone and there was nothing to worry about, well, except my testimony.”

Kaitlin swiped at her tears. Then Leroy started towards her to try and comfort her. Kaitlin put her hand out to stop him. She couldn't let him touch her. That would only make it harder than it already was to do what she was going to do. “No, keep away from me! You were going to continue to keep it secret! Why? What other secrets are you keeping from me?”

Leroy backed up and didn't try to reach out to her again. “None. I swear it Kate," he said sounding defeated.

The doorbell rang again and Kaitlin relaxed a little as soon as she heard Reese’s voice. Dr. Shea brought him into the kitchen. “Your ride’s here Kaitlin,” she said somberly.

Reese looked between all of them and then back to his very distraught mother, “Mom? Is everything okay?” he asked.

Leroy answered, “No Reese, she’s had a rough…”

“I can speak for myself,” interrupted Kaitlin and Leroy swallowed his words, “I'm fine Reese, now that you are here. Let's go home.”

“Kate, no, don't leave, not like this,” begged Leroy.

Shea grabbed Leroy shaking her head and said quietly, "It's okay. Let them go Leroy."

Reese looked confused at Leroy and Shea. “Come on Mom,” he said and put his arm protectively around her.

Kaitlin turned her back on the traitors, barely holding herself together. A lone tear slipped down her cheek as she allowed Reese to guide her out.

Go to Chapter 48 - Part 1


10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yeah...I know...But look on the bright side - Kaitlin is learning how to fight back!

      Delete
  2. Yikes!!!! I mean, Leroy had it coming, but I really want them to be together. He's been good for her, even though he was a massive jerk this time.

    SparkleSims0986

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She needs time. She is seriously pissed. He just wanted to protect her but it was a stupid decision not to tell her.

      Delete
  3. As if Reese needs more reasons to distrust Leroy...

    Shea was right in how she handled Kaitlin's anger, but I don't know if they've done enough work in therapy to teach Kaitlin how to resolve these conflicts.

    She knows now that what happened isn't her fault. But does she know how to patch things back up after someone has hurt her? I dunno... I guess we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reese never really liked Leroy for sure. He started to warm up but things just keep happening and this surely didn't help.

      You are right. She really doesn't know how to deal with her anger and now she just wants to get away from everyone that hurt her. Curious, being with Shea actually helped her stay in the present and not allow herself to succumb to her panic attack. She was scared and had something to prove.

      I am not sure she knows how to get back. We will see what she does in the coming chapter. In the words of Amanda - we'll see. LOL

      Delete
  4. Oh, Kate...I think she is kind of projecting the anger for her husband on this situation, thought, she might have had a little hidden anger for him when she was married, and after seeing him, this anger might be coming back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think some of your posts got sent to spam and then when I found them and marked them as okay, these older ones showed up and I had no idea they were there. I wasn't ignoring you! I feel terrible.

      And yes - she had a lot of unexpressed anger for her husband and it for sure came rushing back and knocked her for a loop. :)

      Delete
  5. Oh my! I hope they can make it right as soon as Kaitlin calms down. Leroy obviously didn't mean anything bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will need to work through it. He should have told her.

      Delete